How often have you been shopping and you come across something that is just PERFECT, but does not go up to your size? Over 60% of American women wear a size 14 or above, but only 17% of clothing sold is 14 & up. That is a ridiculous disparity.
Moreover, when some brands move into plus (ahem H&M), they throw their signature trendy looks by the wayside in favor of flowy dark fabrics that they think “work” for plus sizes. That is crap. Plus size women want color, print, and structure. Moreover, we want variety. A group this numerous cannot be a monolith, and since style is such a personal thing, we all have different tastes. I want #plussizeplease to be a way to showcase the demand for styles we’d buy and rock, and all the money brands are forfeiting by refusing to expand their sizes.
So here’s how to use it:
1) Snap a picture of a garment you love but does not come in your size. Include the brand and price, tagging the company if possible. For example, I am in love with this Zara marble print dress. I would have purchased it yesterday if it went above a size L. My tweet would be:
“.@Zara marble print sheath, $59. I’d buy it right now if it came in my size. #plussizeplease”
2) Use it on any social media – Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, Pinterest… even Facebook supports hashtags now.
3) Tag anything you’d purchase, whether in store or online.
4) Feel free to include the size range it comes in and/or the size you think you’d need. Sizing can be tricky, so this is definitely not required.
5) Tell your friends! I don’t just want this to be a blogger thing – I want all women who wear size 14 and up to show their purchasing power and share styles they love. Let’s be unignorable!
Seder night two. I’m feeling very Morticia Adams + bottle blonde. I’ve been working on my bitch stare all night JUST KIDDING THAT’S HOW MY FACE NORMALLY LOOKS #restingbitchface
Mandatory pre-seder selfie/outfit picture (SHH THIS IS THE PRETTIEST I GET TO LOOK ALL YEAR, OKAY?)
The convo always ends up here
Not my picture just my edit (also-he-fought-a-bear)
Credit to (x)
this perfect song this perfect album I have a lot of feelings about The Front Bottoms and I’m seeing them 2x in 2 days, 2 months from now opening for one of my favorite bands from High School so yeah I’m pretty stoked.
My laptop suffered the cruel fate of being shattered, despite being in protective casing (because my life is a cosmic joke). Luckily I predicted my awful luck and bought an extensive warranty, so it will be sent back and fixed soon, but in the meantime if my presence on here is sparse, it’s because I can’t have nice things.